Effective: 27th May 2019
- Who WeAre
- Personal Data WeCollect
- What We Do With Your Personal Data
- How We ShareYourData
- Cookies, Analytics andPersonalization
- Social Media
- If You are Under 16 Years ofAge
- International Transfers ofData
- Changes to thePolicy
- Data Protection Officer -Contact
WHO WE ARE
Text-Me Projects is the project arm of the Westmead Applied Research Centre. Our contact details are given below.
Our brands include TextMe, TextMeds, SmartMums, and KidneyText.
Text-Me Projects is responsible for using your personal data, together with other research bodies we work in partnership with, such depending on which of our patient trials you are enrolled in. Text-Me Projects and the applicable responsible research bodies will be referred to hereafter as ‘Text-Me Projects’ or ‘we’.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The information we collect about you when you use our Services may include the following (jointly referred to as: ‘personal data’).
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail
- Your account data and electronic identification data (including data added thereto). Your Text-MeProjects account (if you have made such an account with us) and other electronic identification data (such as IP address or MAC address) and the data you add to your Text-Me Projects account, such as your password, your date of birth, your gender, your language of preference, the time zone you live in, your picture and other information you may share with
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This may include data regarding the pages you
- Your activities, and your interests.
- Your activity data. The activity data that you fill out or generate through the use of our Services or that you import from other apps or services from our partners or third
- Your The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media, such as your experiences and tips regarding gear, or your training schedule.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA :
We also collect information you voluntarily provide to us in relation to your physique, condition or nutrition in order to customize and enhance your experience when using our products and Services. These personal data may – by itself or in combination – reveal information about your (physical) health. The special categories of personal data include:
- Activity data and other information you provide when using the Services. Your personal measurement information and activity data that you may voluntarily share with us through the use of the Services, such as weight, height, heartrate, calories burned, steps taken, nutritional information, sleep activities, other activity data (type, duration and frequency of fitness activities, distance, speed, pace, step count) and injuries.
- Measurement data that we collect during our tests may also include heartrate, blood pressure, oxygen level in blood, fat and muscle mass weight and percentage, BMI, BMR, strength and
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Text-Me Projects collects and uses your personal data for the purposes set out below. Please be informed that insofar Text-Me Projects already holds information about you, Text-Me Projects may use that information for the same purposes.
For the performance of our agreement with you:
In order to provide you with the Services you requested from us, including handling your requests, we use your contact details, your account and electronic identification data, information regarding your leisure activities, interest and events, information regarding your fitness activities, your communication data and information regarding your tests, measurement results, and your location data.
To comply with a legal obligation to which Text-Me Projects is subject:
Any information referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
The personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data We Collect’ may also be used by Text-Me Projects:
- to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products andServices;
- to assist in security and fraudprevention;
- for system integrity purposes (preventing hacking, spamming,);
- to operate company policies and procedures;and
- for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable Use of information based on yourconsent:
We also use your personal data referred to above in the section ‘Personal data we collect’ based on your consent, if you subscribe to receiving our newsletters or participating to our surveys.
You can withdraw your consent at any time; see the section Your Rights below.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Data controllers within Text-Me Your personal data may be shared between the responsible Text-Me Projects partners that may use your personal data as described in this PrivacyPolicy.
- Service Providers and Processors. We engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, third parties we use to send your SMS/MMS and text messages, Services (e.g., technical support processing), as well as related offline data storage and other
In providing their services, they can access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Sometimes Text-Me Projects may offer you a service or application in co- operation with partners. Wemay also disclose your personal data to those partners, but only where you have consented or requested that we do so. We may also share your information with third party partners and co-sponsors, where relevant; in such cases, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to suchsharing.
- Corporate Transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including personal data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer ofText-Me Projects’ assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar
- With Consent. We may also disclose information about you, including personal data to any other third parties, where you have consented or requested that we do
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND PERSONALIZATION
Generally, we use this activity information to understand how our Services are used, track bugs and errors, improve our Services, verify account credentials, allow logins, track sessions, prevent fraud, and protect our Services, to personalize content and for analytics purposes.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Text-Me Projects pages), certain personal data may be shared with Text-Me Projects about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
Our online Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us (see ‘Data Protection Officer – Contact and Queries’ below) so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information.
If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before you give us any personal data about yourself. Your parent or guardian should contact Text-Me Projects and provide us with their name, e-mail address and any other identifying information that we may request. Text-Me Projects needs this information in order to verify that they have provided the necessary consent. We may follow up by phone or other means in some circumstances. If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, do not contact us or provide us with any personal data until after your parent or guardian has sent us an e-mail consenting to your contact and provision of such information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please be informed that we transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. Text-Me Projects will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer.
Text-Me Projects will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Your personal data will be retained
for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
Text-Me Projects retains your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to send you the newsletters you subscribed to, to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems, etc.), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
You have the following rights concerning your personal data: right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your right to data portability.
To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
Without undue delay and not later than within a month, we will respond to your request to invoke your rights consistent with applicable law.
You may revoke your consent for receiving communications at any time, free of charge. Text-Me Projects will then stop applying the research results to you at an individual level and will stop sending you marketing communications.
In case you wish to revoke your consent to Text-Me Projects using your health data or location data, you can send an email to Text-Me Projects.
In case you may have a question or complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to Text-Me Projects. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
In certain jurisdictions, additional or deviating rules and rights apply to those set out in the section Your Rights above.
Our websites and mobile applications contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites and mobile applications. While these third-party websites are selected with care, Text-Me Projects cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER – CONTACT AND QUERIES
The Text-Me Projects Data Protection Officer may be contacted via telephone: +61 2 8890 6795
mail: Text-Me Projects Data Protection Officer, Westmead Applied Research Centre Research and Education Building
Westmead Public Hospital Westmead 2145
Sydney, NSW, Australia